Congleton Town FC

Congleton Town FC
Last update: Wednesday 20th October 2021 @ 08:47
Visitors this week: 1261
BBC Weather

Team Sections

Results Board

  • Sun 17th Oct
  • U15B lost 0-1 vs Hartford
  • Sat 16th Oct
  • U12B lost 1-5 vs Tytherington

Find us at...

Team Index


Team Officials

  • Nick Booth (Manager)

  • M:07722501123 send an email to Nick
  • Rob Negus (Assistant)

  • send an email to Rob
  • Liz Greening (Web)

  • T:01260 290133 M:07810176076 send an email to Liz
click to enlarge


Rover 'v' Tytherington 04.11.18

(Mark Arneil 06/11/2018)
This week Rovers hosted Tytherington at CHS. Straight from the kick off Rovers set out their intentions as Riley played a ball over to negus who fired narrowly over from 10 yards .

Riley next found himself bearing down on goal after receiving a through ball from Wedgbury, who had linked brilliantly with Moreno and forced the keeper in to a smart save.

Edwards was next to find himself with a good chance to give rovers the lead but scuffed his effort wide.

This seems to be Rovers at the minute, should be three up but one chance for Tytherington after some questionable defending saw a well struck volley beat F. Evans.

Rovers looked to hit back straight away and a Negus cross found Edwards who again failed to convert.

Rovers fell two behind, despite a Tytherington player being at least 3 yards off side, but Rovers should still have done better defensively.

Finally Rovers found a way in to the game, great work again down the left from Moreno and Wedgbury resulted in cross that found the on rushing Riley, who this time converted.

J. Evans was bossing the midfield and with a trademark challenge, he won the ball and released Riley who made no mistake with equalizing 2-2.

Riley was on a mission now and after beating two defenders for pace, saw another shot well saved, but Edwards missed the rebound, seeing another chance go begging before the half time whistle.

Rovers should have maybe been out of sight at the break. Half time 2-2

Simpson came on for Edwards at half time which saw Riley pushed further forward.

Despite some early Rovers probing they were unable to create any meaningful chances and once more Tytherington took the lead after Hopkins failed to deal with a routine clearance and the forward lobbed the over the advancing Evans in goal.

Rovers were fortunate not to fall further behind when Johnston and Braisby were out muscled but Evans saved to keep the score at 2-3.

Rovers were handed the chance to get back on terms from the spot after powerful play by J Evans found Negus, whose excellent cross was handled. Riley converted the penalty in the bottom left corner 3-3.

Rovers had the chance to take the lead but an unfortunate bobble saw Riley control the ball with his arm following an inviting cross from Braisby.

Again Rovers found themselves behind with a well finished opportunity.

With time running out Statham, who had now advanced into a more forward role, played the pass of the match, slipping the ball through the eye of a needle to Riley who scored his and Rovers fourth.

There was one last chance for Rovers to snatch a win when Riley drove into the box, but a mixture of off balance and a bobble saw it come to nothing.

Full time 4-4. Rovers should take great credit for never letting there heads drop and consistent effort. On another day the could have scored nine, and conceded none.

Roy of the rovers performance goes to Jacob Evans.